Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Finished!!!!! (Sort Of)

Today is my sister's birthday and since I promised her dishcloths for her new apartment and am a month late on that, I figured I better hand over something today. I just basically cast on until the desired width and knit two skeins of yarn in garter stich to make her a towel. Boring I know, but I want her to use it and I really am still a novice knitter, you know. Well, fair reader, it was the first project that I have ever started that I actually finished (with a little help from my friend). I am going to cast on the first dishcloth tonight. I plan on making 2 dishcloths and when they are complete, I am going to take pictures of the whole set and post them here for your enjoyment. The ladies of the basement are busy making our lists for Project Finish Knit. You can also check their site for updates on my project list. Tomorrow, fair reader, you will have to do without my wit and wisdom as I have to stay home with the kiddies, but rest assured I will be back on Friday with tales of knitting with children.
Kudos to Jenn for her progress in fundraising. And HAPPY 22, Sister!!!!!
Until next time, I will be making lists of unfinished projects in the basement.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful birthday gift. I cannot wait to use my fabulous dishcloth (that stragically matches my kitchen)!!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

That must have been a truly special person that helped you to finish your dish towel so that you could have your sister's birthday gift ready for her on time. However did you come across such an angelic soul??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel