Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

It ended on a positive



There it is. The final score in the 103rd Battle for the Golden Egg. I will try and provide details about the game later but all I can say for now is that this was a beautiful site. As was this


It really feels good to have that trophy back in Oxford where it belongs. We now have won 4 of the last 5 Egg Bowls. I was really impressed that even after all the tough losses and heartbreak that this team has suffered this year, they were able to stick with their coach and eachother and pull out the win. Last year's ending was horrible. The team completely quit. The coaching staff was in turmoil. The difference from then to now is tremendous. I hate to be too sheepish but I really think that we are on the verge of turning this thing around. More lengthy analysis on the football team to come.
The 2006-2007 Rebel basketball team has been a pleasant suprise to me. As of now they have started the season 6-1 with their only loss coming at the hands of national powerhouse UCONN. Coach Kennedy is a breath of fresh air for this program and his youth and agressive style of play is just what we needed. I hope that the administration recognizes this and makes the commitment to keep him here for a good long while.
Baseball is just around the corner and what I am hearing is that this year's team will be just as talented (if not more so) than the last. I really hope for Coach Bianco that this will be the year we make it to Omaha. He has done so much for this program and he really deserves all the support that we can give him.
And on a non-Rebel related note- my alma matter the mighty Kirk Academy Raiders are playing for the MSPA 2A state title. This is the first Raider team to play for the title since my baby brother's team won it in 1997. Congratulations Coach Scott Martin. You deserve it!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel