Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just some ramblings

I really don't have a set topic for this post but since I am revamping this blog, I thought I better say something. There are really many topics we could cover here today, the upcoming Ole Miss vs LSU matchup, the whole OJ Simpson thing, my dislike of Nancy Pelosi, or my aggravation with Days of our Lives. I want this to be a fun blog to read but I don't want it to be a bunch of fluff either. Just a chance for you to get to know me and for me to get to talk about the things that bug me or the things that I like.
First off, let me say that I am pretty sure that LSU will mop the floor up with us on Saturday night, but I have to stop and remind myself of all the close games and the history of this rivalry. I am not saying we are going to win, but if we did it would just be another great moment in a long series of memories for the fans of these two teams. I would love to go to a game in Death Valley but due to some unfortunate incidents on Big Daddy's one and only trip there, he says he will not be taking me.
I am disgusted at the thought of people actually buying this new book by OJ Simpson. I know they will and there is no way I can stop it, but come on people!!!!! You know he did it. Why on earth do you want to help him make money for telling you exactly how??? I really am disappointed in Fox and in the book's publisher but really people will do anything to make a buck. If there is anyone in America that is truly convinced that he is innocent, please share with me why you think so. I would love to hear your case.
WARNING: IF YOU ARE OPPOSED TO A CONSERVATIVE VIEW POINT YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH.
Ok- you have been warned but if you are still reading, don't say I didn't tell you. Nancy Pelosi scares the crap out of me. She is the most liberal Democrat to ever be the Speaker of the House. I don't care that it is a huge step for women and all that blah, blah, blah. Give me someone that represents the values of most Americans. This lady does not. I disagree with her on many issues but I will refrain from a lengthy discussion at this time. I will save those issues for another day. I will concede that the Republican party and this administration has done several things that I disagree with in the past couple of years. This does not mean, however, that I am ready for Mrs. San Francisco to play a major role in the outcome of the war and the way the tax code is structured. Only time will tell if my fears are unwarranted.
END OF POLITICAL RANT.
I have found myself in a unique position over the past few weeks. I have found myself almost hating this girl. She who has been one of my favorite characters in the roughly 16+ years I have been watching Days of our Lives. I am really fed up with her attitude and her actions towards her husband. No Bo hasn't been perfect but HELLO HOPE!!!! You are the one pregnant by another man. I was glad to see that this week she seems to be coming to her senses so maybe by the end of they year, she and I will be on good terms again. I guess I may need to cut her some slack though. If I had been "killed", presumed dead, kidnapped and brain-washed as many times as she has, I might act a little crazy too.
So, know you know a bit about what is on my mind these days. Tell me what you think about. Maybe next time, I can write about that too.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, "Fancy Face" has turned out to be an idiot, OJ is even more sickening than I could have imagine, and the Rebs are going to get creamed this weekend. I am not going to go into the political arena, but you already know how I feel about that!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't talk about my Fancy Face that way! She is the love of my life and I only go back and sleepy with Billie when I am either drunk, confused, or tricked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel