Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Back in the saddle again

Boy that is a dorky title for a post. Well, my moods have shifted again and I am back into full force knitting. I am almost done with the aforementioned housewarming gift. I love to make dishcloths (duh) and I am busily planning a plethora of holiday dishtowels to be made for myself and those I love. Also, after being inspired by this lovely item, I have begun one of my own. I am making mine with different colors as it is for a toddler and not a baby. I am also doing something incredibly passe and knitting mine out of the (gasp) Red Heart. Really people, get over it. It is for a kid. I want it to be used and not put up in a closet somewhere waiting on the day when the recipient is old enough to treat it kindly. I am excited about this project but I am sure that I will tire of garter rows after about block 5. Hopefully Monday will bring some finished items with a photo shoot.

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

I just knit a pile of pumpkin hats out of Red Heart--so I understand. Good to see you back!

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure that it is just an oversight that you haven't mentioned what you are knitting for me. I am a dedicated reader and I think that my efforts should be rewarded.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

I love how to linked to a site that made red heart sound like a real quality yarn product! ha! However, it certainly does have it's place and I think that you are wise to use it to meet the needs of a 3 year old. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel