Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Save my sanity!!

Some of you probably think I have run away and let me tell you, it has been close. I have been spending much time trying to hold on to my sanity. Not even knitting has been able to help!!! The breakdown was held off last night by the presence of football on my tv. Now I know that a pre-season NFL game is not real football, but I am desperate people! My beloved Rebels still have 27 days until kickoff. My season tickets are due to arrive in the mail anyday. I am trying to hang on. Now, I am not going to tell you that I think we will turn the corner this year and have a breakout season. Truthfully, 5 or 6 wins will make me ecstatic. A trip to even the crappiest bowl game the SEC can offer will be like a dream come true. I just enjoy my football. For me the day is about hanging out with my friends, drinking some adult beverages, and cheering on my team. I know that sounds cheesey. but it is what I love. Something about the smell of bourbon early on a fall morning and watching small kids throw the football around while we eat tenderloin and make predictions about the game or trash our rivals just makes my life so much more enjoyable. I will likely follow this fall routine until the day I die. I also enjoy a good NFL battle on Sunday, especially if some former Rebels are on the field. What could be better than watching a bunch of men in tight pants run around tackling eachother. It gives my violent streak a place to thrive. And giving the violent side of me a place to breathe is a very important part in preserving my sanity (and my marriage). I am not one of those girls who goes to see and be seen either. I do understand football and can inteligently represent myself in discussions on the topic. My husband sometimes even defers to me for insider knowledge. It is cool. He says anything is cool that will keep me from going postal on him.
On the knitting front (since I have totally been rambling) the chenille has been banished to the bottom of the knitting stash. I couldn't take it anymore. What I did was take my first ever, half-finished baby blanket I was making for my daughter and ripped it. It has re-emerged on my needles as a new pattern and I will keep you updated thusly. I also have plans for more dishcloths and the like as I prepare for the Christmas season. Thanks for being patient today while my sanity took a trip. It gets nutty sometimes down here in this basement.

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

Just don't go losing your sunglasses any more!

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you depriving us of updates??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel