Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Friday, July 28, 2006

So I got tagged

I got tagged by Stacie so here are six (supposedly) interesting things about me that you may not have known.
1) I am the oldest of 4 children- I have two little brothers and one little sister
2) I am 1/2 Italian- thanks Dad
3) For 1 1/2 years I tested other people's pee for the presense of illegal drugs. My husband and I also collected our own drug-free pee for cash.
4) I am an Associate R&D Chemist for a national research center- chemist in title only as I have a biology degree
5) I have read Gone With the Wind 4 times and seen the movie too many times to count- I was able to drag my husband (we weren't married at the time) to the Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta
6) I was in a sorority in college even though I in no way resemble any of the stereotypes that may have just popped into your head.

These facts may or may not be interesting to you but now you know six things about me. Seven if you count the fact that you already know that I knit. Eight really if you count the fact that you know I am crazy.

I finally cast on for the chenille blanket last night and managed to knit about 2 rows before I became aggitated and had to quit. Big Daddy will be owing me for a while for this blanket. I am not wild about the yarn and I am not wild about 47" of stockinette stich!! I am sure that I can find something that I want him to do in return for the time I will spend slaving over it. We may be traveling south this weekend for his company's family day Saturday and hopefully we will get to spend the night with mamma on our way home. A three hour ride to Jackson will provide for some good knitting though so that is a plus!! Sorry that I have no pictures today but maybe Monday I can provide some finished items for you to view. Until next time, I will be hating chenille in the basement.

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

Wow-who knew??

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

LOL! Thanks for playing! You and Mary Heather are the only ones I guessed might take the challenge!

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you mention me in your interesting things? Don't you think that I am interesting??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel