Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Why is it always Monday?

Monday seems to come around much faster than every seventh day. Ugh!! I hate Mondays. I have been dragging about today but a special thanks goes out to Mary Heather for the use of her chaise during lunch. There is a conspiracy in my house to keep me from doing all the knitting that I have planned. I am convinced that the dirty clothes, dirty dishes and the rest of the housework get together and say "When she sits down with those knitting needles, let's look as messy as we can!" The weekend was full of more than just housework as there was socializing, swimming, and the consumption of a birthday cake. Fun with Dick and Jane was finally viewed but all attempts to watch any movie other than one rated G were thwarted. Last night I braved it and again drove to our crime-ridden neighbor to the north. Jennifer is back from a once in a lifetime adventure in Las Vegas. Maybe I can get my hands on some of her pictures to share with you. Despite all the busy activities I was able to squeeze in some of the knitting that was on my wish list. I was able to cast on this lovely dishcloth that I believe will be a gift for one lucky person!!
The pattern is one that I found from the lovely people at the Monthy Dishcloth KAL. This is a fun KAL that I just joined. I think that dishcloths are handy to have around because they are relatively cheap and make great gifts. When this one is done, I have another heart pattern that I want to try with some lovely rose-colored yarn that I also purchased on last weeks trip to Hancock Fabrics. This dishcloth hasn't been a pesk like that other one has so I thought it deserved a picture of its fine progress. Plus, dear reader, I have been promising pictures, so here you are. It is almost time to go home and I must gear up for the 100 degree heat waiting on me outside!! One good thing about being stuck in a basement, at least we stay cool in the summer!! Until next time...

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

I am so glad that you finally uploaded a picture! Very nice dishcloth! It is coming along much better than the other one it seems.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Queen of the Basement said...

Yes- this is a good dishcloth. The other one is still grounded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel