Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday, Friday

The end of another week!! Boy, this one has been weird. Having the day off on Tuesday really sent me for a loop. It has also been a hard week as I have received bad news in several forms. The worst for me being that my Nanny suffered a very slight heart attack Wednesday night and will be residing at our lovely Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi until further notice. As she is my only Nanny, I am really worried but she is a tough girl and I am sure she will recover just fine. Next week I hope to start on her dishcloths for her 87th birthday that is coming up on the fifteenth. You will be happy to know, dear reader, that the dreaded dishcloth is back on the needles. Four rows knitted and if I have to do it four rows a day, then that is what I will do. I have purchased some fine pink yarn for the Think Pink challenge. I hope to be able to make 2 scarves with this yarn and maybe if time allows, purchase and make 2 more. This week cancer has taken the life of someone I know and entered into the life of another. Cancer is bad. Knitting is good. Find yourself a charity and knit, dear reader. It will do some good for you as well as the recipient. Coming soon to this blog (hopefully) knitting in public and the traveling dishcloth!!!!!!! Until next time, come on down and see us in the basement.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

I can't wait to see more about the Traveling Dishcloth and some installments of Knitting in Public! I hope that your Nanny gets better soon and that you get her dishcloths finished. I am not even going to ask if you cast on the chenille. I am sure that I already know the answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel