Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Dishcloth from Hell

Yes, I said from Hell. I have been working on a simple dishcloth for my sister to accompany the aforementioned towel. I have ripped this item out twice now and will start it again tonight. I am determined to finish and won't let it get me down. Fair reader, I promise you that I will never let a thing like a dishcloth get me down. Our Princess is officially a year old now. I was exhausted after all the parties and family time. She is so cute though and could not be denied all the festivities. We had a nice 4th of July at Mother's yesterday. I finally got my birthday presents as Mother couldn't decide whether to give me cookbooks or a purse. Being the culinary expert that I am (ha ha), I chose the cookbooks. Now I can torture Big Daddy with more experiments. I am on a moratorium from the grocery store though until we eat up some of the food that has been collecting in our cabinets and freezer. The children will not starve, but the meals may not exactly be foods that join together nicely. Because Misty decided she wanted a Paula Deen cookbook, I got her that for her be-lated birthday and can delete one item from my list on Project Finish Knit. I have set myself a goal of at least casting on the chenille by the end of the week so I can force myself to make some real progress. Until next time, I will see you in the basement.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

I am feeling deprived because if I remember correctly, I was the one that actually ripped out that dishcloth the second time. Give me some credit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel