Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Catching my breath

I actually have more than a few minutes to post today. I feel like these quick entries I have been posting lately have not really fulfilled my need to blog. This has been a pretty typical week- BUSY!! Things are plodding along down here at work. Today is payday (thank goodness) but then really all that does is force me to subtract out the old checkbook and redistribute the money. That is always a depressing thing to do because I think of all the money that I could be spending on yarn. Car payment. Yarn. Car payment. Yarn. Such decisions to make. I am sure that this weekend will include a trip to the lovely Walmart. I am looking forward to spending most of my time just hanging out with the family and trying to get some knitting done. Last weekend was supposed to be like that but with all the shacking up at BMH and all, some things I wanted to accomplish got postponed. Big Daddy and I have several movies that we have been trying to watch for over a week now. Either the kids stay up too late or we go to bed too early or kids end up in the bed with us. All I know is that Fun with Dick and Jane has been on my tv for about 1 1/2 weeks now and I have seen not a minute. Considering I have waited this long to see it already, it may be a classic by the time we actually view it. Hopefully a dip in the pool will be on the agenda. My babies love the water (and rightly so as I do too!). I enjoy just relaxing with them and watching them play. Sunday will be spend either watching the race on tv or swimming and listening on the radio. Louden is not really one of my favorite tracks but with the season winding closer to The Chase, every race is important. I am trying hard not to think about how far away football season still is. September 3rd cannot get here soon enough!!!!! My knitting goals for the weekend are:
1. finish my first scarf for the Think Pink Challenge
2. work on that dreaded dishcloth
3. cast on one of the dishcloths for my grandmother
4. clean up and sort though my knitting bag and patterns
Surely by Monday, I will have some completed items to share with you all. Until next time, fair reader. I have got to get out of this basement!!

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see some pictures of the dishcloth that you are making for me!!!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

I hope that you were able to make some progress on your projects! Good luck with that unruly dishcloth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel