Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another FO (finally)

I have finally finished the first of two scarves that I am making for the Think Pink Challenge. It took longer than it should, but knitting with a four year old and a one year old is certainly shaping up to be a challenge of it own. This is officially my first knitted scarf, people. This is a milestone for me!! Before I mail the scarf, I wanted to see how it would look on. So I tried it on my boss, John. He was not really happy to be wearing a pink scarf but since it is for a good cause, he was willing to humor me some. Then we had to go upstairs (yes, we left the basement) and attend to a chore on the second floor. While we were up there, we visited my sister.
She is going to be the lucky recipient of one dishtowel (you know the one I mean). I thought she looked lovely modeling the scarf. Then Mary and I decided to see who else would be willing to model this lovely pink scarf in 100 degree heat in Mississippi in July.
Kathy did

And my old boss Troy did (enjoyed his modeling gig a little too much maybe)

And finally the lovely Jean Pinion, School of Pharmacy social chair, wore the scarf.
So there you have it. If you are nice enough (or crazy enough), you can get people to model scarves for you. Even if it is pink. Even if it is 100 degrees. Even if it is July. Even if you work in a basement.

5 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

LOVE IT!!!

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very impressed and very touched that I was chosen as one of your models!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why was I not asked to model?

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

Great scarf!

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel