Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas stresses me out

Christmas really stresses me out. I know that it is supposed to be a time of family and friends and giving and all that. The problem is that I let the giving thing get to me. I love to give gifts. The problem is that I fret over what to get everyone and I always end up sweating my Christmas budget. Ever since Big Daddy and I met, I have really enjoyed Buying Christmas gifts for him. Now that we have kids, it is even worse. I love the look on people's faces when they open a gift from me and it is something that they really love. This year the ideas are coming pretty easily for most on my list. It is the cash that is on the short end. True, I had lofty aspirations of making several gifts, but I am rapidly running out of time. I guess I really shouldn't worry about it so much. Luckily my family and friends are all the sort that appreciate the thought behind the gift more than they appreciate the price tag.
As my kids get older, Christmas gets more fun. Putting up the tree and the lights are such a big deal to them that it takes the pain out of having to actually do the stuff. They get so excited about seeing the decorations and helping put them up. Last night we went to the parade and it was sooooo cold. The little one didn't care so much for the floats and all but she sure did love the candy. Today they had pics at school with Santa and I am dying to see how they turned out. I also have to go pick up some gifts for the SOP Angel Tree here at work. I enjoy participating in that because I know that a family is getting stuff that it needs. Until next time.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel