Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Family trip to the zoo

Friday the kid's daycare was closed for a mini Spring break so we took advantage of the situation and went to the zoo. Big Daddy and I had not been to the zoo since our little man was about 3 so we were long overdue. Since our last trip, the Northwest Passage exhibit has been added. This exhibit features

In addition to the polar bears, there are sea lions, black bears, and American bald eagles. I have to say that the gift shop at the Northwest Passage has lots of neat stuff. You know I love a good gift shop. We are now the proud owners of a stuffed baby sea lion!!

Of course, my favorites are the pandas. I love those guys. One of them was outside having a snack. We also had the pleasure of seeing the panda poop. Panda poop is yellow oddly enough. I thought maybe it would be more green what with all the bamboo.
I will have to finish up our recount of the zoo tomorrow as it is time for me to go home!!!!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Mary Heather said...

You took some very good pictures at the zoo!!! I too am surprised that panda poop is yellow instead of green.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Queen of the Basement said...

Keep checking back as I have a few more animals that might make an appearance.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know anything about these animals, since no one ever invites me on trips to the zoo. I guess I will be forced to have my own children so that I may take them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel