Thoughts from the Basement

Sometimes I read, sometimes I knit, but mostly, I just sit in a Basement.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

NIT here we come

Tonight marks the first time that Ole Miss has reached post-season play in basketball since 2002. While I was really disappointed that we came close to getting a bid to the Big Dance and couldn't close the deal, overall I am happy. This is a team that hadn't had a winning season in several years. Our new head coach Andy Kennedy has been nothing short of phenomenal to take this group of perennial losers and given the program it's first winning season since that NCAA appearance. This years team boasts a 20-12 record with their 8-8 showing in season play winning them Co-West Champion honors. Tonight's match-up, however, is a huge problem for me. I do not agree with the #4 seed that we were "awarded" in the bracket. We will play one game and home and then be on the road for the rest of the tourney. I think that with our final record and our RPI, we deserve to be a #2 seed at minimum. Here is to hoping that East Tennessee State is able to beat Clemson tonight and the Rebels can stay in the friendly confines of Tad Smith.
On another Rebel related note, our baseball team stands at 14-5 going into SEC play this weekend at #1 Vanderbilt.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Orbitz Travel